Friday, January 7, 2011

Stella


Stella arrived on December 11, 2010 at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane.
She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long.
Some of you may recall how ready I was for her to be born, we started the night before eating dinner at Azteca. The waiter kindly made the spiciest dish on the menu even spicier for me, I was ready to try anything. I don't mind spicy but this was the first time my food has actually made me sweat. Sawyer had basketball practice after dinner so my mom and I took Sophia to TJ Maxx for some walking. One would think that since this is my third child I would know when my water broke but I had my water broken at the hospital with Sawyer and I was taking a shower when my water broke with Sophia. So when my water broke in TJ Maxx it was unexpected but humorous, and I was glad to have my mom with me. By the time we got to the hospital and then we were finally checked in I was ready to change clothes, they don't really speed up the process even if you are soaked from your waist to your ankles. After that it was pretty uneventful until she was born early the next morning. All three of our kids arrived with a funny birth story, it must happen more often than I thought. I was just happy not be delivering a baby on the side of Division Street or in the back of my Tahoe, it's roomy but not that big.





The hospital has a photographer that takes these pictures the day after birth in lieu of the traditional photos taken right after birth. They turned out great and she is probably the only one of our kids who might actually like the photos taken by the hospital. Some of you may remember Sophia's photo, that I will not post (she'll thank me later), in which she was sucking her upper lip and it looked like she was born with cleft lip. Not exactly something she'll be showing off in high school to her friends, I'm sure.



Of course, 3 weeks later she doesn't look a lot like this. She's figured out how to eat, thanks to Dr. Husein for correcting her tongue tie, so she has put on a few pounds literally. She now has "cheeks on both ends" as her pediatrician put it, and at this age that is a good thing.



1 comment:

liamloyarsmith said...

When you are looking to buy a top of the line sports bra or panty for your female athlete, one of the best places to start your search is online. As you probably know, men's tights are available in both regular and plus sizes.